1. Learn the poem:
A Song Was Heard At Christmas
A song was heard at Christmas
To wake the midnight sky:
A saviour's birth, and peace on earth,
And praise to God on high.
The angels sang at Christmas
With all the hosts above,
And still we sing the newborn King
His glory and his love.
(Written by Timothy Dudley-Smith)
2. Choose the correct answer about Christmas:
1. What is Christmas?
a) a holiday b) a year c) a week d) a month
2. Who was born on Christmas?
a) a queen b) a savior c) King Arthur d) my friend
3. What do you decorate your flat/house with?
a) shoes b) garlands c) balls d) tinsel
4. Where do you hang a Christmas stocking?
a) on a fireplace b) on the tree c) on the floor d) under the bed
5. What do people usually put into a Christmas stocking?
a) buttons b) small things c) cakes d) sweets
6. What do you usually eat at Christmas?
a) turkey b) carrots c) apples d) plums
3. What does Candy Cane mean?
A significant symbol of Christmas
Is the simple candy cane.
It's shape is the crook of the shepherd
One of the first who came.
The lively peppermint flavor is
The regal gift of spice.
The white is Jesus' purity.
The red is sacrifice.
The narrow stripes are friendship.
And the nearness of his love.
Eternal, sweet compassion
A gift from God above.
The candy cane reminds us all
Of how much God cared.
And like His Christmas gift to use
It's meant to be broken and shared.
4. Read and give suggestions to your friends:
Christmas gift suggestions:
To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect.
By Oren Arnold
5. Your experience:
- Do you celebrate Christmas?
- Do you know the history of Christmas?
- Is it the greatest holiday for you?
- Do you decorate your house/flat for Christmas?
- How do you decorate it?
- Do you make decorations with your hands?
- Do you know any poems/songs/carols about Christmas?
- Do your parents buy presents for you on Christmas?
- Do you make presents for your parents?
- Do your relatives visit you on Christmas?
- Do you have a holiday dinner?
- What do you usually eat?
- Do you have any traditions in your family on Christmas?
- What are they?
- Do you have a school party at Christmas?
- Do you congratulate your friends?
- How do you do it?
- Do you like Christmas? Why?